Staying focused these days can be quite challenging, especially when we all have so much on our mind. I find that these techniques have definitely helped me take life one step at a time, instead of trying to get everything done at once. I had dealt with anxiety for a long time, and always felt a need to multitask and get everything done at that moment. I’ve learned to understand that by doing some of these techniques, I was able to let go of some of the pressure I put on myself.
The most effective solutions for me have been:
- Work in varied environments– I like to get a nice cup of coffee, sit at Starbucks, bring my laptop, and blog.
- Go for a walk– Every morning before work, I wake up around 5 am and just go for a run or walk. I find that the rest of the day I feel rejuvenated and ready for the day.
- Get plenty of sleep, exercise & healthy food– I need to have at least 8 hours a night to function the next day (with a good 3 hour nap mid-day)
- Mediate– I have just recently started mediating at night and it has definitely just makes me feel better all around! Love it
- Listen to music– This is my all time favorite thing to do. Whether it be blasting through my car windows on a nice warm sunny day, or even belting out to every Adele song on a rainy gloomy day, I find that no matter my mood music always helps me.
What are some of your favorite techniques to help you stay focused?
Have a beautiful day!